Working with Dyadics in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85378] Working with Dyadics in mathematica
  • From: Jason Sidabras <jason.sidabras at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:30:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I am currently doing a project where I am working on dyadic green's
functions for an electromagnetic problem.

My question comes in on how to handle the dyadic in mathematica with
the dot product of the source.

Currently I create the dyadic using my N(x,y,z) and M(x',y',z') as:
[...]
KroneckerProduct[Nemn[m, n, x, y, z, kg[m, n]],Memn[m, n, xp, yp, zp, -
kg[m, n]]]
[...]

This creates the correct dyadic for my problem. My issue comes in on
how to handle the source integral:

Integrate[
  Gp[x,y, z, xp, 0, zp] .MoA[xp], {xp, a/2, a}, {zp, -d/2, d/2}] +
 Integrate[
  Gp[x, y, z, a, yp, zp].MoB[yp], {yp, 0, b}, {zp, -d/2, d/2}] +
 Integrate[
  Gp[x, y, z, xp, b, zp].MoC[xp], {xp, a, a/2}, {zp, -d/2, d/2}]

Am I missing something fundamental on how to handle the source
integral? Is Dot[] the correct function to use here?

Thank you in advance,

Jason