Re: Default font

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85658] Re: Default font
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:44:40 -0500 (EST)

Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has you edited the style sheet ? or created your own ?
> Go to the Menu | Format | Edit Stylesheet... and
> change the fonts for the format elements like Text, Title ..

I go to Format -> Edit Stylesheet ..., and I choose the "Input" style to
modify.  The default appears to be Times, even though input cells are in
Courier.  I try to make it bold or italic---it works.  Then I try to
change the font to e.g. Arial, but nothing happens.

First I thought that there might be some limitation on changing the
fonts for input cells because of the special characters that are only
present in the fonts supplied with Mathematica.

But it turns out that this is not the case: the modifications *do*
affect all those cells which are set to be displayed as TraditionalForm,
but not those set to StandardForm.

Is there a simple way to change the font for StandardForm/InputForm as well?

Szabolcs