Re: input style within a text style cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85914] Re: input style within a text style cell
  • From: "Mariano Suárez-Alvarez" <mariano.suarezalvarez at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 04:32:55 -0500 (EST)

On Feb 26, 9:57 am, Albert Retey <a... at arcor.net> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> > If in a text style cell I select some words and go to Format -> Style-
> > Input, the words I select end up being formatted as, well, Input
> > cells. If, on the other hand, I select some text in a cell in text
> > style and then hit Alt-9 (which is the shortcut for that menu item)
> > the _whole_ cell becomes converted to Input style.
>
> which version/OS do you use? It works for me with version 6 on Windows
> XP as you (we) expect...
>
> oh, one thing, using Shift-Alt-9 does what you describe for me, but it
> still works as it should even with Caps Lock switched on...

This is the Linux 6.0.1 version.

Shift-Alt-9 results in a beep with the message `You used a
Command or Control Key combination which is not defined to
do anything' (Hint to WRI's UI people: it's always nice to
have the text in message boxes like the one in Help -> Why
the Beep? be selectable, so that one does not need to copy
it by hand like I just did ;-) )

Also, from what I can tell NumLock does not have an effect
on this.

-- m