Re: Re: small init.m problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84527] Re: [mg84519] Re: small init.m problem
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 06:55:29 -0500 (EST)

Two slashes are needed because \ is used to start an "escape sequence".
Escape sequences include "\n" for newline, "\t" for tab, "/b" for
backspace, "\\" for a single back-slash, etc.

"\M" is an UNKNOWN string escape, as in the error message.

See tutorial/InputSyntax in the Documentation center.

There are also escape sequences such as \[Alpha], which is the greek
letter alpha (with or without quotes).

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com