RE: Solving equation and applying solution(s) expression.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84544] RE: Solving equation and applying solution(s) expression.
  • From: "Tugrul Temel" <temelt at xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:23:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Follow the steps:

eq1 = {3 x^2 - 2 x + 8 == 0};
{sol1, sol2} = Solve[eq1, x];
eq2 = 3 x/(x^3 + 2);
eq2 /. sol1
eq2 /. sol2

Tugrul

-----Original Message-----
From: KP [mailto:MathematicaUser at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:31 AM

Hi Everybody. I am a new subscriber to this group and looking forward
to learning from folks who use Mathematica. I have a question and some
help will be appreciated.....

I want to solve an equation and then apply the solution(s) of the
equation to an expression. For example, I want to solve  3 x^2 - 2 x +
8 =0. Then I want to apply the solutions to the expression  3 x / (x^3
+2).

The equation and the expression above are examples I used to
illustrate my question. Please use the equation and the expression to
help me out. Thank you and happy new year!

--KP