Re: digital signal processing options?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84733] Re: digital signal processing options?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:07:56 -0500 (EST)

"Art" <grenander at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fm7dfn$emk$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello.

> 1. I would prefer native mathematica code. There is a nice and
> extensive mathsource package written by Brian Evans and others (Signal
> Processing Packages 2.9.5). I am not sure how hard it is to get it to
> work with Mathematica version 6. It was a precursor for the Wolfram
> Signals and Systems toolbox which doesn't seem to be offered anymore:
>
> http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4578/

I bought the signals and systems application, I am surprised to find out it
is discontinued, it seemed like a nice package, but I think there was no one
supporting it any more that is why it was pulled off. I did use it for
sometime for school work. May be now this package will become a collectors
item :)

Here is a listing of the functions it had in it

http://www.12000.org/my_notes/faq/mma_notes/Mathematica_for_signal_processing.htm

which had functions to design FIR and IIR

> 3. To do it myself. This is my first exposure to DSP and I have only
> knowledge only at the level of Numerical Recipes in C, Press et al.
>
> Thanks!

You could always write your own package/functions to design IIR and FIR in
Mathematica and with the new Mathematica 6.0 UI functions, this should be
easier to do than before.

Nasser