Wavelet "filter"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84823] Wavelet "filter"?
  • From: edsferr <edsferr at uol.com.br>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 03:21:09 -0500 (EST)

Dear users,

I'm pretty new to wavelets so I'm not sure how to ask this.

I have a database with 4096 points like this:

1 0
2 1
3 1
4 0
4096 1

I have plot the wavelet power  spectrum of this data using a Java
routine in a website . What I need is to analise this plot and develop
a special "filter" for 14 character strings based on the power time-
frequency results.

I need to see if a 14 characters string (14 points) "fits" on the
plot! How do I do that? Am I missing something important that I need
before doing this? I need to know if it's possible to do this task
using wavelets. Could the "Wavelet Explorer" package do that?

Thanks for your attention.