Copying data from Excel into Mathematica 6.01

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84957] Copying data from Excel into Mathematica 6.01
  • From: "Lea Rebanks" <lrebanks at netvigator.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:10:03 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

I tried copying the data list below from a column in Excel into Mathematica
6.01 on a PC.

101.3099325
102.7643897
108.4349488
112.5
113.1985905
116.5650512
119.0546041
119.4173379
120.9637565
122.2356103
122.4711923
123.6900675
124.6951535
124.8501001
125.5376778
126.1387073
126.2538377
126.8698976
127.8749837
128.0230927
128.6598083
129.1903943
129.2894069
129.8055711

The paste resulted in the above data, same format, in Mathematica.

I wanted to convert this data set into a list for Mathematica. E.G
{101.3099325, 102.7643897, 108.4349488, .....etc }

I know I could import the data file from Excel in CSV format. But was
wondering if there was an easier way to 'Copy & Paste' this. Or some other
simple process.

I did have a good look in help but couldn't find the answer to this.

Also I looked on the Math Group Archive & came across what looked like a
helpful suggestion. See link below giving a Copy & Paste palette for
Mathematica, but I installed this & it did not work with my version 6.01 on
PC. I tried a few times.

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4944/#downloads

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Best Regards - Lea Rebanks...