Re: What are Alt-8 "Code Cells" for

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85061] Re: What are Alt-8 "Code Cells" for
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 05:02:20 -0500 (EST)

They are Cell that are

1) initialization cells (and so will be saved to a package if the
notebook in question is an autosave one)
2) their wrapping characteristics are more like Text than StandardForm
Input cells and they are not automatically word wrapped.  This is
something that many programmers prefer (I don't).
3) They are the default cell type for .m package files if you are
working in them directly

--David

On Jan 25, 8:40=A0pm, cebailey <cbai... at wlgore.com> wrote:
> What is the purpose and intended use of the Code style for cells, apparent=
ly new in Mathematica 6? It seems to be executable and to have to do with pa=
ckages or initialization.