Re: Re: Subscript Bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90160] Re: [mg90147] Re: [mg90111] Subscript Bug?
- From: peter <pl.0 at mac.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 06:58:27 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200806290936.FAA29888@smc.vnet.net>
I can repeat the anomaly; I'm running Mathematica 188.8.131.52 on OS X 10.5.3 64 bit. Peter Lindsay On 30 Jun 2008, at 09:55, bsyehuda at gmail.com wrote: > I couldn't repeat this. I use version 6.0.2 over linux (64 bits > version) > the output is as expected > yehuda > > On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Aaron Fude <aaronfude at gmail.com> > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I have this code in a cell: >> >> Subscript[H, 1] = 110; Subscript[H, 2] = 90; >> H = Subscript[H, 1] + Subscript[H, 2]; >> Tanh[Subscript[H, 1]] >> >> The first time I execute the cell, I get >> >> Tanh[Subscript[200, 1]] >> >> which of course is nonsense. >> >> A second execution, yields the correct answer: >> >> Tanh >> >> Is this a feature that I don't understand or a bug? >> >> >