Printing, WYSIWYG, and Window Magnification?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90210] Printing, WYSIWYG, and Window Magnification?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 05:31:26 -0400 (EDT)

The core question here is how I can have what appears on my screen
(using 6.0 on a Mac) be a WYSIWYG display of what I'll get if I Print a
notebook (so far as linebreaks, figure widths, and most everything else
is concerned), while retaining a 125% or 150% magnification in the
window.

I need the 125% to 150% Window Magnification setting in the normal
Screen Environment ->  Working mode to work comfortably on my display
and with my eyeballs.  But if I Print what I see there, what I get on
the paper has very different line breaks and so on.  What's printed does
seem to match what I see using Screen Environment ->  Printout mode --
except I can't really "see" that mode, because Window Magnification no
longer seems to work.

???