distribution fitting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90343] distribution fitting
  • From: "Youness Eaidgah" <y.eaidgah at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:20:56 -0400 (EDT)

Dear friends,
I have a set of data and I want to fit a distribution on this data.I know
that some software like Bestfit do this and also incorporate several tests
like goodness-of-fit tests, c2 test, Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, and
Anderson-Darling test, and finally parameter estimation. is it possible in
Mathematica? can Mathematica find the most suitable distribution for a set
of data? can it estimate the distribution parameters also? I really
appreciate if you instruct me about this in Mathematica.
Best regards,
Tomas