Using Mathlink to call Matlab from Mathematica front end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90367] Using Mathlink to call Matlab from Mathematica front end
  • From: pratip <pratip.official at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 05:08:20 -0400 (EDT)

I will be very happy if someone can help me to call Matlab with in Mathematica 5.2. I have a Matlab2007Rb installed in my computer. I know this kind of communication is possible between matlab and Mathematica through mathlink. I have tried using mEngine (http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4821/).
But unfortunately this script is not compatible with the new version of Matlab. When I try to run the package with the supplied notebook called mEngine.nb mathematica
gives me an error saying that it can not start matlab.
Actually I have an optimization problem. And I use my mathematica code to compute the gradient of my cost function. Now I want to use matlab's optimization routine and supply the gradient from mathematica. I guess this is possible to do but I am not so sure how this can be done.
Please help me if anyone of you can.