Re: distribution fitting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90428] Re: distribution fitting
  • From: dennis <dwangsness at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 04:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

On occasion I have had data that I need the distribution for but
clearly does not correspond to any standard distribution.  What I have
done if use Histogram to estimate the density function and extract a
list from the histogram that can be used with Interpolation to
defining a workable density function.

Dennis