Re: Symbol function, a question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90496] Re: [mg90476] Symbol function, a question
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:01:38 -0400 (EDT)

x95 = 100

100

Use Set ( = ) again

x95 = 45

45

But when it must be done programmatically

ToExpression["x" <> ToString[95] <> " = " <> ToString[20]]

20

Bob Hanlon

---- tung tran <tunganhtr at yahoo.fr> wrote:

=============
Hi everybody, I have a question needing your help.
Firstly, I create a variable
x95 = 100
Now, I want to change the value of my variable x95 to 20 ,
so I want to use some procedure like :

Symbol["x" <> ToString[95]] = 20
my idea is to make Mathematica write the term "x95" automatically for
me but when I use the Symbol function in this case, it gives me
automatically 100 and I don' t know how to call only x95.
Thank you if someone can give me a suggestion.

Tung