WorldPlot, WorldRotation... with a twist?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90592] WorldPlot, WorldRotation... with a twist?
  • From: Mr Stuff <google at tiger2.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:16:34 -0400 (EDT)

At last I have a beautiful Orthographic projection of the world and a
great circle on it (not the usual construction between two points, but
between one point and a specified tangent latitude, but that's beside
the point, so to speak)

Question (Mathematica 5) I can place a specified point in the centre
of the projection by doing a WorldRotation->{lat, 0, -long} - but how
can I *also* rotate the image so that the g.c. runs top-bottom (i.e.
move away from "North up")

Given that WorldRotation does y,z, z' rotations I have no idea how to
combine rotations...

Any thoughts?

TIA