Re: Solve doesn't
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90639] Re: Solve doesn't
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:35:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University System of Maryland
- References: <email@example.com>
If you would include the code that didn't work, it would help a lot. Kevin Hauke Reddmann wrote: > This is extremely annoying. > I have a very large (this seems to be critical) equation > system. It's partly linear, partly horror, but already > after I solve the linear part, a certain solution (which > is obviously one since substituting it in makes all equations > identical zero) can't be found anymore. The solution has some > surds (this also seems critical, the ones without are found) > but the equations are strictly polynomic. > > Faked Example (the real one only PM-ed, since it's a bit > oversized): > > x-y=1 > x^2+y^2=3 > x^3-y^3=4 > and after y was eliminated, it doesn't find x. (=golden mean here) > > Huh?