Re: Re: Collapsing cell groups [was: Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90671] Re: [mg90628] Re: [mg90613] Collapsing cell groups [was: Mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 04:03:46 -0400 (EDT)

That new-in-6 feature only seems to work with a cell at the topmost
level within a group.  For example, I have a notebook with the following
structure:

   Section
   Input cell with a Plot expression
   Output cell from that Plot
   Text cell

   Section

Yes, if I double-click the text cell, the rest of the entire Section
group collapses to that text cell.

However, suppose I want to collapse everything in that section except
the Plot output.  I double-click the Plot output cell's bracket and the
Input/Output pair collapses to just the output cell.

But now how could I collapse the entire section so that just the plot
output cell shows?  If I double-click the output cell bracket, nothing
happens; if I double-click the Plot Input/Output group bracket, then of
course it just reopens the Plot Input cell again.

Am I missing something here?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305