Re: export eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90720] Re: export eps
  • From: J Davis <texasAUtiger at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 20, 5:58 am, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gull... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> james... at googlemail.com wrote:
> > I have a graph generated with ContourPlot3D.
>
> > when I try to export it aseps, theepsfile is 50MB size.
>
> > I need to use theepsimage in Latex.
>
> > how to solve this problem
>
> Usually, when a graph is
> too large, it is a good idea to control the adaptive sampling thanks to
> the options *PlotPoints* and *MaxRecursion*

Yes, Jean-Marc, but what if one is not setting PlotPoints nor
MaxRecursion to an unusually high number? What to do then about these
large graphics files?

IMO, this is a very dissatisfying unresolved "feature" of v6 over 5
that I am very surprised (and disappointed) has not been resolved at
this late date.

When I "Save Selection As..." either PDF or EPS of a simple

Plot3D[Sin[x^2+y^2],{x,-2,2},{y,-2,2}]

I get PDF's that are about 700K and EPS that are almost 4 mb. These
are huge file sizes---especially relative to how small these files
were in v5.

Ugh.