Re: 1/x?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90727] Re: 1/x?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 05:53:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

no because it depends on the y-position where the x-axis is placed.
The most people, that make plots have the ability to *read* what is
written on the axis. The numbers that are usual placed there, are
not a pure decoration. And one learn in school (in Germany in the
4 class) that one has to read the numbers first.

And

Plot[1/x, {x, 0, 100}, AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}]

work fine.

Regards
   Jens