Re: NDSolve[] with nested If[] and Piecewise[] usage:

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90781] Re: NDSolve[] with nested If[] and Piecewise[] usage:
  • From: Gopinath Venkatesan <gopinathv at ou.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:51:48 -0400 (EDT)

Jens,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem is with the unevaluated expressions inside If[] and as Oliver pointed out (his post is missing, I will wait for another day to see if his post appears here or I will post his comments as a quote) the use of Evaluate[] to evaluate them before NDSolve[] solves my problem. And also the funifcase1 works fine even before, but funifcase2 did not work without the use of Evaluate[] inside the If[]. I posted this question because both the funifcase1 and funifcase2 are similar and we expect NDSolve[] to behave the same way.

Thanks for taking time to reply me.

Regards,
Gopinath