Suggestions for selling a copy of Mathematica V6 wanted

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90791] Suggestions for selling a copy of Mathematica V6 wanted
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:53:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have an extra copy of Mathematica V6 for Windows that I am not using
and that still has over 6 months of Premier Service support left that
will allow unlimited phone and e-mail support and free upgrades (only
for US and Canada customers) and all the other benefits of support.
Does anyone have any suggestions where I might try to sell it (other
than eBay) or know of someone who might be in the market? Since this
is a professional license (aka Standard), and not a student or
academic version, there is no problem in selling and transferring the
license to someone else. This is a US and Canada only version, so cant
export it or sell it anywhere else.

Wolfram's only stipulations are that I just have to give all the
copies of the software and other elements I have to the buyer and
write a letter certifying I have deleted the licensed copy I had
installed and the buyer has to agree to accept all the terms and
conditions of the license agreement.

This would be a good buy for someone who would like to save a lot off
the list price of a new copy, so if you know of someone in the market,
please let them know and pass this along to them.

I hope this doesn't cause a bru-ha-ha, so if this topic offends
anyone, I apologize. Thanks for your help...

[Normally, I do not permit attempted sales of Mathematica copies
in this group, but I realized that there has never an attempt
to point people to places to correctly sell copies they might
have.  Therefore, once Bob's question is answered, I will have
information I can pass on to others who post similar questions. -- moderator]

-Bob