Denoting a Cartesian Product

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90937] Denoting a Cartesian Product
  • From: Bruce Colletti <bwcolletti at verizon.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 03:53:34 -0400 (EDT)

Re Mathematica 6.0.3 under WinXP.

In a text cell, how would I denote the n-fold Cartesian Product of set B (without saying B x B x ... x B)?

I've used the basic input palette's summation button, replacing sigma by X, but the look isn't right (by setting ScriptLevel to 0, indexing appears over and under the X).  Am hoping there's an easy way.

Thanks.

Bruce