Re: Re: Default magnification for Help and Tutorials?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89268] Re: [mg89253] Re: [mg89242] Default magnification for Help and Tutorials?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

It's not necessary to modify a file in the installation directory.  Using
inherited stylesheets, you can create a very small file in=
 $UserBaseDirectory
which tweaks the canonical stylesheet.  Here's some code which creates such=
file in the right location.

nb = NotebookPut[
   Notebook[{Cell[
      StyleData[
       StyleDefinitions ->
        FrontEnd`FileName[{"Wolfram", "Reference.nb"}]]],
     Cell[StyleData[All, "Working"], Magnification -> 1.25]}]];
CreateDirectory[
  ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd",
    "StyleSheets", "Wolfram"}]];
NotebookSave[nb,
  ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd",
    "StyleSheets", "Wolfram"}, "Reference.nb"]];
NotebookClose[nb];

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com