Re: Command similar to flatten??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89277] Re: Command similar to flatten??
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 06:44:46 -0400 (EDT)

Erin,

Do you mean you want to contract the top two levels in the array? Then you
want to use the 'trace' command Tr.

To contract the top two levels the command is:

Tr[A, Plus, 2]

You didn't say how you wanted to 'combine' the two levels and in general you
might replace the Plus by a pure function that does the combining.

If it is not the top two levels that you wish to combine then you would have
to use the Transpose command on A first to get the combining levels into the
top two positions.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net