Tag Times Protected with Show[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89332] Tag Times Protected with Show[]
  • From: FreeCaptive6914 at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:45:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all.  I'm updating an old program to Mathematica 6 and I get the
error message "Tag Times in (*shows a blank graph*) is Protected."
Here's the code.

line = Plot[secondfit, {x, 0.8, maxtime}, DisplayFunction ->
Identity];
splot = ListPlot[second, PlotRange -> All, DisplayFunction ->
Identity];
Show[splot, line]

secondfit is a valid function from Fit[], maxtime is a real number,
and second is a valid list.  I've tried plotting line and splot
individually, but I get the same error.  Ideas?