ListAnimate or movie with No AppearanceElements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89383] ListAnimate or movie with No AppearanceElements
  • From: Eric Brown <eric.c.brown at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 02:30:12 -0400 (EDT)

I wish to show a movie/animation in a notebook, but I do not want any
of the Mathematica 6 additions showing up.  What I want is just a plain
flip through the frames without a panel, slider, etc. etc.

As a self-contained example:

table = Table[ Plot[ x^n, {x, -5, 5}], {n, 1, 5, 1}];
Export[$HomeDirectory <>"/table.avi", table];
movie=Import[$HomeDirectory <> "//table.avi", {"AVI", "Animation"}]

I have tried playing with AppearanceElements, Panel, Dynamic, etc. but
no luck.  The best I was able to do was to get the slider to disappear,
but it left behind a grey frame.

Does someone have a solution to this seemingly simple problem?

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. I have also tried making a table of frames, and then selecting the
 cell group, and then select Graphics, Rendering, Animate Selected
Graphics.  Although this is not exactly what I want, it seems like it
used to be possible to do this in versions < 6.