Re: Re: Major problem with 6.0.2.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89434] Re: [mg89384] Re: Major problem with 6.0.2.1
  • From: "peter lindsay" <plindsay at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 02:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

2008/6/8 David Park <djmpark at comcast.net>:
> Michael,
>

> I have premier service and am running on 32-bit Windows Vista with
> Mathematica 6.0.2.0. I never received a notice of an update for 6.0.2.1 and
> I think that it was primarily to fix bugs with the Mac system installations.
> I'm not entirely certain of that but maybe you really need 6.0.2.0 on a
> Windows installation? I'm not having any problems with that.
>

> I also have a friend who is a serious Mathematica user who is running on
> Linux and he has NEVER been able to get any 3D graphics with Mathematica 6.
> He says that many other users at his University, Princeton, have the same
> problem.  For over a year he has not been able to get any help.
>

> It is serious business when users who have been using Mathematica, and
> depend upon it, are suddenly left with a non-functioning system.
>

> David Park
>
> djmpark at comcast.net
>
>  <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark

David,

yes, 6.0.2.1 was specifically a mac bug fix version. Something to do
with plotting/graphics I think. I think Michael has reverted to a
previous version [ 5. something ] because of time constraints.
The Linux situation is worrying. I cannot test any of this, I only
have a premier service mac licence. I guess if only *some* of the
linux users at Princeton are having difficulties and the mathematica
versions are the same then it would be down to Linux versions.

Peter