Re: Re: Re: Re: Adding markers on the surface of a Plot3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89502] Re: [mg89469] Re: [mg89439] Re: [mg89427] Re: Adding markers on the surface of a Plot3D?
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 03:17:42 -0400 (EDT)

  You're not the only one. There are certain people in the mailing lists and
blogs I frequent who strike me as particularly prickly. I often learn a lot
from them, though, so I consider it a worthwhile tradeoff, and have learned
not to take their comments as being personally directed (perhaps erroneously,
but that's how I deal with it!).
   I've heard that people from different cultural backgrounds tend to take
radically different approaches to postings, either becoming demure and
cloying, or speaking much more directly. Eastern Europeans (so I have read on
a different list) are wont to be very direct in a way that Americans (for
example) think too direct, but take that with a large grain of anecdotal
salt. I like to think that people who are prickly in cyberspace tend to be
the same way in meatspace. Makes for an interesting stew.