Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: Notebooks location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89530] Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: [mg89456] Notebooks location
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:57:09 -0400 (EDT)

You could add it to the Palettes path, which would have some of the properties
you seek.  Of course, it would have some possibly undesirable properties, too,
like remembering whether or not the notebook was open from session to session.

You could also develop a palette which dynamically populates with the notebook
files.  Dynamic[]s don't update at the moment based upon file system events, but
it would at least update with every restart of Mathematica.

And one could imagine other home-grown solutions, too.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group