Re: Don't understand replacement rule for some functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89559] Re: Don't understand replacement rule for some functions
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:31:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mac,

arguments of functions without special attributes like HoldFirst,.. are

evaluated before beeing fed to the function. Therefore,

RandomReal[GammaDistribution[L, 1/L], 2] is evaluated before beeing fed

to ReplaceAll. You may prevent this by wrapping it into Hold or HoldForm.

Hope this helps, Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>