How to get plain text from a notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89692] How to get plain text from a notebook?
  • From: Peter Rowat <peter at pelican.ucsd.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 04:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

I formatted some output as Ccode, and it looked like plain C-code.
I then saved the notebook as plain text, but when I went to edit it with vi
the Ccode was a mess like this, in a very simple example:

Format[dbfdw, CForm]
(Format[(((-1)/$CellContext`Cm) $CellContext`gK) ($CellContext`v - \
$CellContext`VK), CForm])

The real plain-text Ccode should be something like

- (gK*(v - VK)/Cm)

Please excuse this beginner's problem.

-- Peter Rowat