Re: Re: Manipulate: Positioning of controls within panel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89699] Re: [mg89661] Re: Manipulate: Positioning of controls within panel
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 04:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

Manipulate encompasses both Dynamic and DynamicModule functionality.  With the
default option of LocalizeVariables->True, all of the Manipulate variables which
are mapped to controls are scoped within a DynamicModule and maintain all of the
advantages you correctly point out of using a DynamicModule directly.

Manipulate also takes advantage of DynamicModule's Initialization and
Deinitialization options in order to implement Manipulate's version of those
options.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com