Re: Inequality not documented in 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90015] Re: Inequality not documented in 6.0
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:44:26 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/25/08 at 6:29 AM, maderri2 at gmail.com (magma) wrote:

>An expression like

>x>y>z

>has a FullForm

>Greater[x,y,z]

>However...

>x>y>=z (*the relational operators are different *)

>has FullForm

>Inequality[x, Greater, y, GreaterEqual, z]

>which uses Inequality.

>Inequality does not appear to be documented in 6.0, yet it works
>well. Is it documented in later versions?

I suppose you aren't counting the description returned by evaluating,

?Inequaltity

as documentation since doing this on version 6.0 under Windows
does return a description. Why aren't you counting this as documentation?

As far as I can see, later versions of Mathematica (namely 6.03
on Mac OS 10.5.3) have the same documentation. So, I suppose the
answer to your question is no, since there appears to be no
difference between 6.0 and 6.03 with respect to documentation.