standard error output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90030] standard error output
  • From: rych <rychphd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:12:59 -0400 (EDT)

When I'm running a notebook in the FrontEnd, what are the standard
(error) output, (aka clog cerr cout, stdout, stderr in C/C++)?

I call a function in a DLL through .NET/Link which works alright, but
I couldn't understand where to look for the "standard" output. My C++
functions write a lot of interesting info which I would miss very
much. It appears neither in the notebook nor in the Window>Messages.

And just in case someone from Wolfram sees this, when will .NET/Link
be supported on Mono?
Thanks