Re: Hyperlink Toolbar no Back Arrow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86164] Re: [mg86113] Hyperlink Toolbar no Back Arrow
  • From: "Thomas Dowling" <thomasgdowling at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 02:08:37 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I enclose a reply I received from Wolfram in June 2007.  Seems like nothing
has happened!
(I use version 6.0.0 on Mac OS-X).

In my view this was a very useful feature of Mathematica 5.2.  If, say, you
had a hyperlink to
a reference list at the end of a notebook, then the back-arrow provided a
very useful way of returning to
the original place in the notebook.

Is there any chance this button could be restored, or does anyone know a way
around the problem ?

The e-mail from Wolfram
----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

Thank you for taking the time to send us this report. I have forwarded
your email to our development group, and it looks like the "Go Back" button
is removed in version 6 for some reason. I have filed a suggestion to have
this feature re-added in future releases, I am sorry for any inconvenience
caused by this problem.

I have included your contact information so that you can be notified
when this has been resolved.

Sincerely,

Yong Huang
Technical Support