on Export and AnimationRepetitions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86231] on Export and AnimationRepetitions
  • From: samk522 at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 03:01:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi guys, I just found this group, and I need a little help with
exporting a series of graphs to make a gif animation file.

Export["~/Desktop/test.gif", %] (where % is a table of graphs) will
make a gif animation for you, but I want the file to only play the
animation once (instead of looping the animation over and over again).
In pre-verion6 version, I could have achieved that with
Export["~/Desktop/test.gif", %, ConversionOptions->{"Loop"->False}].
However, ConversionOptions is now obsolete in version 6. Instead, a
new option AnimationRepetions is introduced, so I tried the command
Export["~/Desktop/test.gif", %, AnimationRepetitions->1],
but it didn't work. The file generated still plays the animation over
and over again.

I'd highly appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this problem.