changing style of vertices for ShowGraph with Combinatorica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86270] changing style of vertices for ShowGraph with Combinatorica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 02:29:02 -0500 (EST)

With Mathematica 6, I can change the default style (medium black disk)
for rendering the vertices of a Combinatorica Graph like this:

   Needs["Combinatorica`"]

   g = Cycle[3];
   ShowGraph[g, VertexStyle -> Disk[Large], VertexColor -> Red]

But how can I, for example, change the vertex style so it is, say, a
large yellow disk with a thick red boundary?  Or even just change it to
be a circle?  I tried "obvious" things like the following, but they
cause errors:

   ShowGraph[g, VertexStyle -> Graphics[Circle[], ImageSize -> 20]]

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305