symbolize in v.6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86315] symbolize in v.6
  • From: "Jaccard Florian" <Florian.Jaccard at he-arc.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 05:41:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

In 5.2, I used to be able to use subscripted variables (which were
treated as symbols) loading the Notation package and writing :
Symbolize[ParsedBoxWrapper[\(_ \_ _\)]]
It worked fine...

With version 6, the help says it should still work. But I'm afraid I
can't even try the examples in the help!

The help says :

<< "Notation`"

Symbolize[ParsedBoxWrapper[\(expr_ \_ Rule\)]]     ]]

FullForm[Subscript[MyDistribute, Rule]]

Should give:

FullForm[MyDistribute\[UnderBracket]Subscript\
\[UnderBracket]Rule]

But in 6.0.2 on my system, it gives :

FullForm[Subscript[MyDistribute, Rule]]

So there is no doubt : Symbolize doesn't work anymore...
I didn't try the other features of the Notation palette, but I would be
glad if somebody else would try the examples of
Notation/tutorial/NotationSymbolizeAndInfixNotation
And tell if it works or not!

Thanks for help!

Florian Jaccard