Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86370] Re: Evaluating notebooks from other notebooks
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 05:06:20 -0500 (EST)

One of the ways of doing this is to open the notebook with the Option
Visible->False, execute it's cells, and then close the notebook.

Here is an example (of course use your own path to the file in
question):

file = "/Users/dreiss/Desktop/test.nb";

nb = NotebookOpen[file, Visible -> False];

SelectionMove[nb, All, Notebook];

SelectionEvaluate[nb];

NotebookClose[nb];

If you want to save the notebook then you will need to do a bit more,
ultimately using the function Export.

I hope this helps...

--David
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...
http://scientificarts.com/worklife/