ResetMenusPacket

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86484] ResetMenusPacket
  • From: "Vincent Buonomano" <vincent at hydrosoft.com.br>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:14:08 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleagues,

Previous to Version 6 I have been using my own Mathematica menus loading
them with the command:

             FrontEndExecute[{ResetMenusPacket[myMenus]}]

where for example

           myMenus = Menu["my menus",{
                 ...,
                 Item["myItem",FrontEndExecute[ToExpression["myCommand[]"]],MenuEvaluator->Automatic],
               }]

This no longer works in Version 6.0.0  The menus load but do not execute
correctly usually giving a frontend message.

However the identical Item command does work if I use it in my own
MenuSetup.tr file, which I don't want to do for certain reasons.  I want to
load the menus items on the fly.

I have tried variations of Item formats like using KernelExecute instead of
FrontEndExecute to no avail.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you,
Vincent Buonomano