Re: Re: Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86616] Re: [mg86492] Re: [mg86481] Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:09:49 -0500 (EST)

Never mind...

I was forgetting to put a directory between Autoload and the Init file.
Documentation isn't clear on this, and definitely neither Kernel nor

FrontEnd requires it, but to use Autoload the file has to be

$BaseDirectory/Autoload/extraneousDirectoryForNoDiscernibleReason/Init.m

and not just

$BaseDirectory/Autoload/Init.m

Similarly with $UserBaseDirectory.

Bobby