RE: Re: Pi is not a real number - the News from Mathematica Mathgroup

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86655] RE: [mg86634] Re: Pi is not a real number - the News from Mathematica Mathgroup
  • From: "Hobbs, Sylvia (DPH)" <Sylvia.Hobbs at state.ma.us>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:40:05 -0500 (EST)

Mathematica kernel has shut down? Cool! Benjamin, Your e-mail distracted
me from listening to Saturday evening's broadcast of Garrison Keilor and
the News from Lake Wobegan. How much physical memory do you have? I hope
4 Gigs? It could be fun to recreate the error on several computers
running on different platforms, say Linux and Microsoft Vista, with the
same amount of memory to see how the platforms access the upper limits
of their RAM. Overflow suggests cooties in the equation though. If it is
a true memory insufficiency associated with a correctly written equation
the outcome of Linux versus Vista Saturday Night Fight could be
interesting. In the Vista Boxer's corner are all of those committees at
Microsoft, in there's Linux, the underdog.

Sylvia Hobbs