Re: CA for Epidemics with Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86671] Re: CA for Epidemics with Mathematica?
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 00:23:04 -0500 (EST)

Hello:

The closest I know of to this is the work of Christian Jacob who wrote
Illustrating Evolutionary Computation with Mathematica. In this book
he has some reference to modelling the smallpox epidemic in Paris
(maybe, I forget the exact reference) using CAs and other EAs. I think
this guy is chasing "swarm theory" now.

HTH.

Regards..Roger