Re: Bug: symbol recreates itself suddenly

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86809] Re: Bug: symbol recreates itself suddenly
  • From: "Severin Posta" <severin at km1.fjfi.cvut.cz>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:56:25 -0500 (EST)

This is definitely NOT the correct answer. The correct answer is (should be)

"Symbol E not found."

By all means this is really a bug.

It has far-reaching consequences. Using symbol E afterwards can lead to
mistakes because Mathematica thinks (suddenly!) this is again Euler
constant, not general symbol.

Please don't ask why am I doing this. This is not forbidden according to
manual - and it worked in 4.0, 5.0, 5.2 versions. It should work in 6.0
either. (Or it should be documented.)

Severin Posta

news:frqpu5$59m$1 at smc.vnet.net...