Re: Saving Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86823] Re: Saving Packages
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:53:35 -0500 (EST)

DrMajorBob wrote:
> Make a=2 an initialization cell.

Bobby, I think you are thinking of the old way of authoring .m files by
using AutoGeneratedPackage. Nowadays it is much easier to edit the .m
file directly in Mathematica, but if you copy an input cell from a
notebook to a .m file, you need to change its style to 'Code'.

The direct editing of .m files works superbly in 6.0.2 with all the
heading/text information reversibly stored as comments. It is a real
shame not to use it!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk