Re: Basic plotting of an evaluated function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86912] Re: Basic plotting of an evaluated function
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:52:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

it would be helpful
a) if you would consider to read the manual
b) use correct Mathematica syntax because
    NMinimize[{f[x,y],y=995,y=989},y]
    is remarkable nonsense

anyway

f[x_?NumericQ, y_?NumericQ] := x*(990 - y^2)

s[x_?NumericQ] := y /. Last[NMinimize[{f[x, y], y < 995, y > 989}, y]]

Plot[s[x], {x, -14, 46}]

Regards
   Jens