inverse of partitioned matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86958] inverse of partitioned matrix
  • From: pcirrus <pcirrus at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:18:25 -0500 (EST)

I would like to find (symbolically) inverse of certain 3x3 matrices
which are block partitioned. For example for 2x2 case the following
solution is available

http://www.cs.nthu.edu.tw/~jang/book/addenda/matinv/matinv/

However, I would like to find inverse of 3x3, and 4x4  block matrix

A B C
D F G
H I J

where A, B, C ... are matrices themselves. Thanks in advance.