Global setting of Graphics options for plot, listplot, listlogplot...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87039] Global setting of Graphics options for plot, listplot, listlogplot...
  • From: zerosumgame <rogerhw at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:14:33 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone any experience (v6) with setting global graphics options.
What I want to do is fairly simple.  I want all my graphics to have a
frame, automatic gridlines of a particular colour and the same font
etc.

Fonts are easy, I can set those as in Option Inspector (Formatting
Options/Expression Formatting/Graphics Box Options/GraphicsBoxOptions)
in BaseStyle and DefaultBaseStyle.

Setting Frame and GridLinesStyles here is not a good plan though as
plot legends and graphics Grid use invisible graphics boxes to
position things.  Adding frames and grids lines to all graphics boxes
will corrupt these place holder boxes.

I can, in my init.m file introduce altered values for Options[Plot]
with Frame->True etc but I have to do this for Plot, ListPlot,
LogPlot, ListLogPlot etc of which there are quite a few.

Question is can anyone think of a better way?

Thanks

ZSG