Finding the line that caused an error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88425] Finding the line that caused an error
  • From: vj8usa <vj8usa at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 06:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any way to display the specific line of code that caused an error in Mathematica?
 I'm used to working with C++ compilers that give you a line number along with each error message, and I'm starting to get frustrated with Mathematica. It'd be much simpler to immediately see the cause of the error instead of sifting through many lines of code.